Whether you are a community looking to adopt a local preservation ordinance or an established historic preservation commission seeking technical assistance, National Alliance of Preservation Commissions can help.
- Online Design Guidelines: Looking for examples of design guidelines for your community? Our online design guidelines collection is organized by state for easy searching.
- Preservation Plans: Visit this page to learn more about preservation planning and to see examples of preservation plans from around the country.
- Technical Assistance: On this page you’ll find a small sampling of articles and resources to help commission members and staff do their jobs better. NAPC members enjoy access to our full technical assistance library.
- NAPC-L: By joining NAPC, you receive access to NAPC-L, our member discussion group, which is the ideal forum for the exchange of ideas and advice on all issues related to preservation commissions.
- Professional Network Directory: Here you will find a detailed list of professional preservation services from across the country, including consultants, architects, educators, and attorneys.
- The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties: The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring & Reconstructing Historic Buildings.
- Design Review with Limited Resources: How Local Commissions Can Gain the Resources of Professional Preservationists Without Hiring Full-Time Staff: This booklet is intended for preservation commissions without any staff or with limited professional preservation staff, but also for local government staff members to act on behalf of a commission.